Wednesday, January 12, 2011

17 weeks 1 day

So, Christmas and New Years has arrived and gone and it's already the 12 of January! That means (officially) 12 more days until my anatomy scan on the 24th. I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has been going and it's nice to savor the small moments like fetal movement or hearing the heart beat via doppler. Today I signed my Husband and myself up for our 12 week Bradley childbirth classes. I'm pretty excited and nervous and hope that this semester in school and these classes don't get me all buggy. It'll be nice to have 2-2.5 hours a week just me, Hubby, and baby. I'll have to figure out something for babysitting on Tuesday nights with Chas, but I don't think it'll be a big deal.

We're also going to hire the instructor (a woman from our church) as our doula. Not that I don't think my Husband is unqualified to accomplish being supportive, ect. I just think that the doula can help both of us have the best birth experience we can. I have family members who are against this idea, so I'm choosing not to tell them because it will only cause tension. As far as they need to know, we're going to support each other with no one in the L&D room. As far as I'm really concerned, if I had it my way, I wouldn't want anyone to come and visit until the day after the birth, but I know it'll really piss people off if I do that. Is it selfish that I want time for me and Hubby to be with our baby we worked so hard to make and birth? O the joys of having a baby...it's almost as bad as when we got married. I digress.

Well, making it to this milestone and still having a healthy baby thriving in my womb is enough for me to put a smile on my face. It's a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment