Wednesday, June 22, 2011

40 weeks and nesting. :)

So, I am finally past that horrible exhaustion and onto some real nesting! Yesterday was my "expiration" date and I thought it cute that it was the first day of summer! In true Arizona style, it was also the first day of extreme heat. It only got to be about 105 here in Tempe (lol, I love how I say ONLY) and today is definitely hotter. Yesterday I took the Fiesta and got her cleaned and detailed. It's amazing how great you feel when your car is sparkling! I told Sy we are never letting her get to that nasty point again. We could blame it on the fact that we had a 7 year old being driven around in it, but let's be honest, we slacked on getting the car cleaned on Sunday like we had normally been doing the first few months we had it. Sy's comment to me when he opened up the hatch was, "wow, I haven't seen the car THIS clean in forever". He then asked me where all the stuff went and I told him in a bag on the dryer. I'm usually not one for moving stuff from one space to the other, I was just in a hurry and it definitely will be put away in it's proper spots. I also got a mani/pedi yesterday. The pedi was amazing and the guy got those horrible calluses off of my feet. They feel so much better! I definitely think I will be getting that done once a month. After that, I scheduled the car seat inspection (which I did today) and went grocery shopping. I didn't buy much, just some frozen meals and snacks (for labor and in general). I felt so accomplished yesterday and I think it's showing through. My attitude has changed and I'm definitely becoming more positive. I haven't been napping during the day the last couple days and my sleep at night has gotten better.

Today sparked a new conundrum with my poor husband. Whilst showering, I informed him (again) that I needed to take the car to get the car seat installed and inspected. He immediately started lecturing me on how I needed to bring the car back to him, ect. afterward because if I went into labor, I'd be screwed or something like that. I don't know...he's been so overly protective and afraid that if I have the car when I go into labor he'll be stranded and no one will be able to go get him to bring him to me...I digress. Well, I told him fine I'd do that but on one condition. I had to go get some more laundry detergent because we were almost out and I wanted to wash all the dirty laundry today so it was done. He gave me the "we're broke" line and I let it go. When I dropped him off, he gave me the card and told me no impulse buying. So I agreed and we went our separate ways. After the inspection I called him and he told me to just keep the car that he had to pound the pavement on his demo for work. I said fine and then headed to Babies R Us. While there, I picked up Eliza's outfits for her photos and then got a few items off the sales rack for her. I also picked up two more sleeper nursing bras and a couple of nighties for the hospital and home. I also picked up the window shade decals and was going to install them, but soon realized they were too big, so I'll have to have Sy trim them down and install them later.

After BBRUS, I headed to Wal-Mart and got some detergent and as I was in line, security stopped some kid and took him into the back. My heart always pounds when I see shoplifters get stopped. Not that I shoplift, I just know the laws and what it entails and I know it never is worth it! The ladies who stopped him were nice about it and didn't make a scene which was nice. Anyway, for any of you out there tempted to do it, DON'T! It's not worth it and it can ruin your life! This wasn't my lesson but one my mom and brother passed on information to me. I promise you, what you think you need, you probably only want.

OK, enough of the life lesson....so after getting rung up, I headed home and started cleaning. I got the fridge cleaned out and wiped down and the dishes done. I started on the counters and they're almost all the way finished, I just needed a rest. Laundry is going smoothly and I'm definitely NOT looking forward to putting it all away, but, I know I can do that while bouncing on the birth ball and watch tv. It's all piled on our bed, but that's OK, just more motivation to get it all done and over with before bed tonight. My goal is to get the kitchen totally organized and cleaned today. My goal for tomorrow mainly is focused on the living room (not a big deal because I've been maintaining it) and the bathrooms. All of it is coming together and I can't wait until it's finished.

Well, that's all for now, I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is wonderful. It's taken me 7 months to get on here!! I'm going to try to start blogging again so I'll be checking on you :)

    ReplyDelete